Latest Boston Celtics Odds: 2023-2024 NBA Season
BetMGM Massachusetts has Celtics as the +500 second choice behind Denver to win the NBA Finals, so the books are again high on the Celtics odds to win as head coach Joe Mazzulla leads the team for the second straight season. If the Cs win the NBA Championship, it will lead to the franchise's 17th banner hanging from the rafters of TD Garden, nine of which came under coach Red Auerbach.
Here are the latest Celtics betting market odds to win the championship, the Eastern Conference Finals and more futures odds. Yes, the Celtics roster has changed significantly, sports fans. And no, the rosters of their main competitors in the East have not changed all that much. But the markets for futures bets at the top U.S. online sports betting books still lists them as the strongest Eastern Conference team, whether or not you agree.
For reference, a $100 bet on the Celtics to win the 2023-2024 NBA Finals would win $425 and net $525.
*NOTE: Odds vary across different Massachusetts betting apps, such as Caesars, DraftKings, FanDuel and more. You may be able to find better Celtics NBA Finals odds, such as +500, if you visit other sportsbook apps or online sports betting sites.
Where Can I Bet on the Celtics?
Sports gambling has been legal in Massachusetts since March 10. Online sportsbooks in the state are offering lucrative bonuses to new users, and we have ranked the top five Massachusetts sports betting promos, so your best bet to begin with is clicking through that link. Remember, you must be 21 or older and located within state lines to bet online in Massachusetts.
- Caesars Sportsbook
- WynnBet Massachusetts
- Fanatics Sportsbook
- Barstool Sportsbook
Celtics NBA Championship Odds by Sportsbook
When you are shopping for the best sports gambling odds and the latest Celtics odds, all books will not be the same. And when you are signing up, be sure to read the fine print to get all of your bonus bets and bonus funds.
Bonus bets can usually be put into live betting, or on who will win the Eastern Conference, or in NBA championship futures markets, whether you like the Boston Celtics or their longtime rivals, the Los Angeles Lakers, or Smart's new team, the Memphis Grizzlies, or anyone else. But again, bonus bets at most sportsbooks often require a certain frequency of wagers. So again: Read the fine print.
NBA Title Odds: Top 5
No NBA team has repeated as champions since the 2018 Golden State Warriors, and the Nuggets were very impressive in winning the NBA Finals in 5 games over the Miami Heat. But do not forget that Denver was the only top Western team that was healthy and whole almost the entire season, and several contenders have beefed up. Let's look at some NBA Finals odds.
Jayson Tatum MVP Odds: Top 5
He may not be the highest-paid player on the Celtics after the megadeal that Brown signed, but there is no question that Jayson Tatum is the best player on this team coming off an All-NBA First Team season in which he averaged career-highs of 30.1 points and 8.8 rebounds. He is the fifth choice in the MVP futures board, so let's have a look at those ahead of him.
Boston Celtics News & Updates: September 2023
An argument can be made that the trade of Smart to Memphis will make or break Stevens' reputation as a wheeler-dealer. Few remember, but when Phil Jackson was running the New York Knicks, he also wanted to deal Porzingis for Smart. What else to watch for in Boston prior to the playoffs? Well, not all developments happen in the offseason.
- 📆 July 27: Jaylen Brown signs the richest contract in NBA history despite not being close to being the best player on his own team, much less the entire NBA. Can he live up to it? He is 26 and averaged a career-best 26.6 points per game last season.
- 📆 June 21: In a three-team trade, the Celtics are acquiring Kristaps Porzingis from the Washington Wizards, along with two First Round picks (2023, 2024). As part of the three-team trade, Marcus Smart has been traded to the Memphis Grizzlies.
- 📆 May 29: After evening the series at 3-3, the Celtics lose to the Heat in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
- 📆 May 14: The Celtics advance to the Eastern Conference Finals against the Miami Heat.
- 📆 May 7: In a pivotal Game 4, the Celtics fall to the 76ers to even the series at 2-2
- 📆 April 27: The Celtics advance to the Eastern Conference Semifinals after beating the Hawks in Game 5.
- 📆 April 23: The Celtics beat the Hawks 129-121 in Game 4, taking a 3-1 series lead, just one win away from the 2nd Round of the NBA Playoffs.
- 📆 April 21: In Game 3, the Celtics fall to the Hawks, 130-122, moving their series lead to 2-1.
- 📆 April 20: Malcolm Brogdon receives the NBA Sixth Man Award. Brogdon began the season with futures odds around +1500 across most sportsbooks.
- 📆 April 18: Led by Jayson Tatum and his 29 points, the Celtics beat the Hawks 119-106 in Game 2 and take a 2-0 series lead. The Celtics NBA Title odds continue to drop lower, now down to +285.
- 📆 April 15: In Game 1 of the series and the first-ever playoff game for head coach Joe Mazzulla, Boston cruises at home and beats Atlanta, 112-99.
- 📆 April 9: In their final regular season game, the Celtics (57-25) beat the Hawks 120-114, despite sitting key players Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Malcolm Brogdon.
- 📆 April 7: For the second time in three days, the Celtics (56-25) beat the Raptors again, this time 121-102.
- 📆 April 5: The Celtics (55-25) beat the Raptors 97-93 to clinch the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference.
- 📆 April 4: In a pivotal Eastern Conference away game, the Boston Celtics (54-25) fall to the Philadelphia 76ers, 103-101. Although they are still in a comfortable position to claim the No. 2 seed, the Celtics need to win at least one of their final three games to do so.
Boston Celtics 2022-2023 Season Outlook
After losing to the Golden State Warriors in the 2021-2022 NBA Finals, the Boston Celtics are looking to take the next step this season. With most of the roster returning, including superstar Jayson Tatum and all-star Jaylen Brown, the Celtics odds to make another postseason run are in their favor.
In addition to returning most of their roster from last season, the Celtics have added Malcolm Brogdon, a key role player at the guard position.
How Many NBA Championships Have the Celtics Won?
The Celtic are tied for the most titles in NBA history with 17 NBA Championships, 11 of which came when Bill Russell was playing for the team. The team's success is why the Celtics Finals odds are always near the top of the league, similar to the way New England Patriots Super Bowl odds have been over last two decades.
- 2008: 4-2 over the Los Angeles Lakers
- 1986: 4-2 over the Houston Rockets
- 1984: 4-3 over the Los Angeles Lakers
- 1981: 4-2 over the Houston Rockets
- 1976: 4-2 over the Phoenix Suns
- 1974: 4-2 over the Milwaukee Bucks
- 1969: 4-3 over the Los Angeles Lakers
- 1968: 4-2 over the Los Angeles Lakers
- 1966: 4-3 over the Los Angeles Lakers
- 1965: 4-1 over the Los Angeles Lakers
- 1964: 4-1 over the San Francisco Warriors
- 1963: 4-2 over the Los Angeles Lakers
- 1962: 4-3 over the Los Angeles Lakers
- 1961: 4-1 over the Atlanta Hawks
- 1960: 4-3 over the St. Louis Hawks
- 1959: 4-0 over the Minneapolis Lakers
- 1957: 4-3 over the St. Louis Hawks
Have the Celtics Won The Most NBA Championships in History?
Yes, the Celtics are tied for the most NBA Championships in history at 17. That is a tie that Lakers fans and Celtics fans equally want to break.
How Many Times Have the Celtics Made the NBA Finals?
The Celtics have been to the finals 22 times and lost only five of those chances: 1958: 1985, 1987, 2010 and 2022.
When is the Last Time the Celtics Won the NBA Title?
As every diehard Celtics fan can tell you, that was after Paul Pierce's MVP season in 2008 when he and Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett were the Big Three for Boston. No uncut gems there.
Boston Celtics Odds FAQs
As we are currently in the NBA offseason, the Boston Celtics are not in the playoffs. Last season, the Celtics were the No. 2 overall seed in the Eastern Conference, but fell to the Miami Heat in the conference finals.
The latest Boston Celtics odds to win the 2023-2024 NBA Championship are +500, or about a 17% chance based on implied probability. These odds are currently among the Top 5 of all NBA teams.
The Celtics odds to win the Eastern Conference in the 2023-2024 NBA season are currently +230, or about a 30% chance based on implied probability. If the Celtics can win the Eastern Conference, they will make it to another NBA Finals, seeking their 18th overall NBA Championship in franchise history.
The Celtics odds will vary across different sportsbooks. Here, we will provide you with the latest Celtics odds to win the NBA Championship, Eastern Conference and more. We will also provide player props and futures odds, such as Jayson Tatum MVP odds and more.
Chris Sheridan is a veteran NBA Writer who has been covering the league since 1992, with a specialty in international basketball after being credentialed for every Olympics since 1996-Atlanta. He has been writing in the sports gambling journalism space since PASPA was overturned in 2018, and age 58 he still can drain the 3-pointer and can dunk with the help of a ladder.